[HG-PBEM] Re: Team Meeting

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:41:55 -0700 (MST)

>> Terry whispered to Keavy and Rhogen. In all their
>> adventures through the badlands they'd often been low on
>> money. Only when they got serious about gear racing did
>> they slowly start to build up any kind of real
>> savings. "Then we'd better put a plan in place and do
>> something about it." Terry said, "We have a race coming
>> up in a couple of weeks we need to practice for and gears
>> and people to fix in the meantime. Unless you want to run
>> a really big bake sale or form a rock band and go on
>> tour we'd best stick with what we know and hold it
>> together for that race."

"Why you inane asshole," Chico burst back at Terry, moving forward. "What
do you---" The Colonel grabbed Chico's arm.

"Chico, that won't help," the Colonel instructed.

> Juliette, leaning on a cane to help support her injured but
> healing leg, arched one of her dark eyebrows. "What are you
> telling us?" she asked, looking directly at the Colonel.
> "Are you dissolving the team?"

The Colonel looked startled for a moment at Juliette, before giving a
nervous chuckle. "Sweet Prophet, no!" he exclaimed.

"Then what?" Jory returned, moving to stand closer to Juliette.

"And what about my Clan's money?" William asked. "Where did that go?
Surely, it didn't all go to pay for the medical expenses?"

More people started firing back at the Colonel. The squat man held up his
hands. "Please, let me continue." The crowd reluctantly quieted.

"Thank you," the Colonel continued. Looking at Terry, he continued. "We
aren't dropping out of racing. In fact, we are scheduled to participate in
the upcoming Bulwark 1000." He looked toward Diggs William. "The Digg's
money is what helped secure our participation in the upcoming race."

[...]

Dennis D. Kirkpatrick
Littleton, CO USA