[HG-PBEM] Re: Negotiating at Sebastian's Penthouse

  • From: "Alex Altman" <alex.altman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:31:28 -0400

[Alex: Sorry I've been out of commission. Was having some email issues when I
was away on vacation. Wouldn't let me send much of anything from my verizon
account. Back at home now, though. Sorry for the delay.]

> Nadia had prepared other's beverages during Chico's display. She carried a
> fully-laden tray back to the couches. She first handed Clara her glass of
> water, then Terry his orange juice. "This was fresh-squeezed this
> morning," Nadia explained.
>
> "It tastes it. Thank you."
>
> Nadia smiled and delivered her father his drink before sitting down
> herself. Crossing her legs, her short skirt revealed high up thighs.
> Realizing her unmodesty, she readjusted her skirt.
>
> Terry turned his attention back to Chance who was still standing near the
> bar with Chico. "So tell me Sebastian, what have you been up to these last
> few months? Television, Antelopes and sandstorms don't mix well."

Chance scratched his head, and took another sip, smaller this time, before
answering. As the handsome man spoke, his eyes alertly visited the others in the
room. He seemed very interested in people were thinking and doing.

"I just spent 3 months doing a trideo piece on the Basal Rebellion. Spent most
of my time out with rebel troops in the field trying to document what I could
about their lives. They are sending kids out to fight that are barely old enough
to carry their weapons... The conditions that those people live in are really
deplorable -- I was hoping I could open a few eyes, shake things up a bit. Some
of the news networked picked a few of the stories up, but all I really did was
piss these guys off." He nods his head in the direction of the studio execs.

"I think one of the main reasons they offered me this project was to get me to a
place where no one would be shooting at me. Well, that and my dad." He flashed a
disarming and mischievous grin. "But if I have my way, Mr. Detzer's gonna end up
with an ulcer worrying about me here in the Badlands. His worst fear is that
I'll get hurt or killed before my contractual obligations are fulfilled, and
he'll lose a boatload of money. So who do you represent? Have you been with the
team long? Are gear pilots bigger jerks to deal with than actors?"