[HG-PBEM] Re: Locked and Loaded [Compiled]

  • From: John Guilfoyle <john_guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:03:26 -0700 (PDT)

> The scene was dark, except for the faint moonlight that was overhead just
> breaking through an over cast sky. Suurounding the deserted and ill-kept
> plaza, there were rows and columns of dilapitated building and ruins. a
> Warm yet stiff breeze swept up, crezting a small dustdevil that circled
> past the jeep. This place definitely made the Core look good.

Rolling her gear down onto the street, Juliette switched to the walker mode
and moved over beside the crumbled wall of a ruined building. "Switching to
low-light," she reported, scanning the area carefully as she knelt the gear
down to reduce it's profile against the night sky. A moment later Shamus
and Keavy had exited the Barnaby as well, and Lemanz declared the immediate
area clear of threats.

"Form up in a vee," Juliette commanded, tromping back over in her heavily
armored Sidewinder. "I'll take point ahead of the jeep. Shamus, take the
left side, Keavy, you right. Stay wide but within twenty or thirty meters
of the vehicle -- we need to keep it between us. Run as quiet and dark as
you can -- no floods unless you see something deserving of your full
attention. Colonel, you and Terry need to stay sharp-eyed too. Radio if you
see anything; otherwise try to stay within the protective triangle we're
forming." Controlling her machine with practiced ease, the former
Republican soldier hefted her heavy paratroop rifle in her gear's hands.
"Questions?"