[HG-PBEM] Re: Juliette in the City [Corrected]

  • From: John Guilfoyle <john_guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:59:19 -0800 (PST)

> "That's what I can't figure out," Hank admitted. "Though, I thought
> that maybe you'd be able to tell me something, an exchange of
> information for both of our benefit."

Juliette sat back in her chair, her face impassive. She then nodded
slightly, saying simply, "Go on."

> Hank took another swig of ale. "OK, when I ran into you in Customs,
> my trail was pretty cold. All I had was that the assassins had come

> to Khayr ad-Din as duelists. I immediately began running through
the
> rosters on incoming duelists and came up with nothing. Everyone's
> papers looked clean, the security ID matched as did the SecCRCs on
> all the files."

Lemanz thought again of Sanz at the mention of assassins. Perhaps
there was a connection after all.

> "Next, I heard a report of a break in attempt on a hangar rented
> out to a threesome that just joined your team-- Keavy Jia Li Huang,

> Rohgen Czeshinand Terry McMartin. The circumstances of the break in

> were suspicious, particularly tha the pair performing the break in
> were very sophisticated thiefs, easily bypassing the TRS's security

> systems. If your teammates hadn't placed a personal alarm on their
> Gear and supplies; no one would have been the wiser. Still, other
> than that security report and the secam footage I was able secure;
> my trail was still cold."

> "Looking into that occurance, I stumbled into your Chief of
> Security, Gustav Slovenski. He was pretty tight lipped when I
talked
> to him, but it was clear that he was following the same trail that
> was. Apparently, your Colonel had asked him to look into the
> incident involving you new teammates." Hank smiled, "So, being the
> person that I am, I decided to tail your Security Chief and see
what
> he found. That got me into investigating the shooting incident at
> the Sand Stone, after which I arranged some one on one with your
> Colonel and Gustav for a service they wanted."

A slight chill went down Juliette's spine. Had this Marhsal carried
out the "justice" the Colonel had spoken of? That it now turned out
might have been misguided? She found herself almost not wanting to
know. "After the shooting, there was another incident," she offered.
"Members of our team were kidnapped. They've since escaped, but I've
not yet heard a plausible explanation for their capture in the first
place." The Colonel seems to think that Mother Superior is somehow
mixed up in all this." Holding back the card of Sanz's involvement,
Juliette wanted to find out just how much more Hank knew.