[HG-PBEM] Re: Deep in the Heaps

  • From: Robb Neumann <robbneu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 08:48:22 -0600

On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 08:56  PM, Dennis D. Kirkpatrick wrote:

> However, the voices were drawing closer. That matter would have to
> come after her immediate survival. Other than the drugged dart that
> flew near her, Tina had little nearby but a meter length of ferro-steel
> pipe. Though, she could see Rohgen's pistol lying beside him, ten or
> so meters away, out in the open.
>
> "I see two down, but where's the GREL?" a familiar man's voice
> resounded. There was a pause and undiscernable whispering. Tina
> had a limited vantage point from her position, but she could tell that
> the men were closer, maybe fifteen or twenty meters. "Sweetie!" the
> man then called out. "Where 'O where's my sweet GREL? I've missed
> you, my dear. Want to come out and play."

"Play?" Tina repeated, slowly rising to her feet.  "Yes... come out and
play."

In her hand, she tightened her grip on the pipe she had grabbed, before
climbing up from the ground.

There was no where to hide, so she reasoned it was best to goad her
opponent out into the open.  At least that way, she'd know what she was
dealing with.