[HG-PBEM] Re: At Milliways with Muddy memories

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 15:47:53 -0500

> > At that point, a server walked up. "Yeah, what will it be," the woman
> > asked abrasively. "You know what you want?"
> >

> "Weird but tasty mystery meat and a Wounder rotgut to drink" Rohgen said
> while absent mindedly searching his pockets for a pen, "And a side of
salad"
> while eyeing Monty over his shoulder from a corner of his eye. The blurry
> reptile dropped a pen onto the table and dashed to sit on the side of his
> chair, puppy-dog eyes and lovingly tilting his head as if to deny his
guilt.

> "What all did you guys want? Oh thats right, Terry here wanted the big
bang
> burger, liberty fries and an ice
> water. Keavy?"

Keavy folder her menu back up and handed it to the waitress.  "I'll take the
Schrodinger Buffalo Wrap with salad instead of the fries and a Johar tea."
She shot a wry look over at Terry.  "No dressing on the salad.  Apparently
someone thinks that I might have trouble with the Team physical."

> "So where and when is the first gig? I made a list of all the work I need
> finish before ol' Blade's ready for action. I wouldn't mind taking a walk
> through the heaps to look for some extra parts, though I may have to ante
up
> to finish one of the new projects I have in mind" Rohgen said as he
stabbed
> at the meal inquistively. He swore he saw movement that was not prompted
by
> his fork.
>
> "And Terry, did you guys get to the 'when do we move in' discussion yet?
Do
> I have access to a repair bay before the next gig or am I doing the 'fix
it
> where you can' thing again? I'm still trying to get the mud outta that one
> suit of mine after the last 'pitstop' Keavy made. Man, that was some
> freakish weather on that track. At least my googles were easy to clean
out."

"Yeah.  I haven't had a chance to try out the changes that you made to the
suspension."  Keavy said.  "I'm not sure that I completely trust that one
compression coil that you dug out of the heap.  It looked in really rough
shape."

> [Dennis: Rohgen dreams of installing a booming audio system in Keavy's
gear
> for the next duel/gig/action scene, possibly a funky blue under-carriage
> light (ala supped up honda)...you need background music and dramatic
> lighting for any action scene right? ^_^    what all do I need, will i
find
> it from the heaps or through the typical street/gear store? Also, I seem
> have stumbled on a small but annoying issue regarding "fixxing"
> flaws...page147/148 2nd Ed Tech Manual talks about fixing flaws and
> installing perks but the only things on the table for such actions
involves
> adding perks (at least in my copy). What of the flaws in keavy's gear?
What
> can I feasibly fix? What do I need to do to fix any of them?]

[G: Don't forget the lowrider conversion.]

Griz