[HG-PBEM] Re: A Chance Meeting [Oops! Use this one.]

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:40:18 -0600 (MDT)

David Kelk said:

> [No, I haven't died and gotten better.  Just busy here.]

[GM: Yeah, that's fine. I didn't think you'd been SARed. I'm just trying
to balance your needs with Alex's since you're in the same scene. I'll try
to keep this simple for Terry. Just jump in when you can. Thanks.]

>> Sebastian also nodded to both men. "Good to meet you guys. How's the
>> team looking this season?"
>
> Terry held his tongue and waited with for Chico to answer.  Whatever he
> said, Terry was sure he'd remember it for years.

Chico looked at Terry, expecting a comment, but Terry remained quiet. "The
team's doing fine," Chico finally acknowledged. "We had a recent incident
in the Sand Stone that injured members of our crew, but they've recovered.
Currently, we're hopeful for the upcoming race. The time trials are
scheduled to begin tommorrow."

"Yes," Mr. Detzer responded. "I heard about the incident in the Sand
Stone. Khayr ad-Din is such a lawless place." He leaned in, lowering his
voice. "Of course, in the South, it's the same way, just linked to
//official// national security, eh?"

Chico chuckled, his laugh sounding a nervous. Clara gave him a quick,
daggered stare.

The old executive turned back toward the window and started walking.
"There is no need to worry, Mr. Augusta...." He turned back. "...and Miss
Anastapulos." He then looked at Terry. "I have full confidence in the
Colonel in the security of our star here." He patted Sebastian on the
back. "The incident was an unfortunate accident, eh?" Terry could see that
the man had tried discreetly to direct the question toward him.

[...]

"Well then," Mr. Detzer responded. "Let's take care of business, shall
we?" He gestured toward the couches, beckoning everyone to sit.

"I can get drinks for everyone," Nadia spoke up. "What would people like?
We have a full bar."

Chico ordered first. "I'll take any brew that you have from Innsbruck."

"I'll take a water, no ice," Clara stated.

[...]

Nadia looked to Sebastian. "What about you, Chance?"

[...]

Dennis D. Kirkpatrick
Littleton, CO USA