[aodvv2-discuss] Re: RFC5444 feedback pt. 1

  • From: Charlie Perkins <charles.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 12:18:54 -0700

Hello folks,

I noticed a typo below...

On 4/20/2015 10:34 AM, Charlie Perkins wrote:

Especially in an IPv6 network, that is going to be one huge blob of data. Instead, we could (and, imho, should) add PktSource as a regular Address to the Address Block. Assuming that the PktSource will be very likely to share a prefix with some of the other Addresses in the Address Block, the RFC 5444 builder/parser can then employ its address compression magic and probably shave off more than the 3-6 bytes which naming TLVs add to the packet size.

I am O.K. with that, but it's never been that way before and no one asked for it.

So your argument with PktSource is that we can be more efficient by converting it
to an Address Block TLV. That is different than the claim that all addresses must be
marked. Moreover, if the PktSource is an Address Block TLV, then it does not mean
that the other address in the Address Block TLV has to be marked to say that it is
"not PktSource".

Here, the second occurrence of "TLV" in last sentence should be deleted:

Moreover, if the PktSource is an Address Block TLV, then it does not mean
that the other address in the Address Block has to be marked to say that it is
"not PktSource".

Regards,
Charlie P.