[aodvv2-discuss] Re: Questions - Miscellaneous

  • From: Charlie Perkins <charles.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 14:24:50 -0700

Hello Lotte,

A small bit of follow-up below:

On 4/16/2015 6:58 AM, Lotte Steenbrink wrote:

Hi Vicky, hi all,

Am 14.04.2015 um 19:42 schrieb Victoria Mercieca <vmercieca0@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:vmercieca0@xxxxxxxxx>>:

2. For RREQ, in the text we say 'set metric =
Route[OrigAddr].Metric'. In the Appendix we say 'set to zero by
default, or MIN_METRIC[MetricType]'. Should we change one, or the
other, or explain that Route[OrigAddr].Metric is in fact zero or
MIN_METRIC, since the OrigAddr is on one of the router's
interfaces? Same for TargAddr in RREP.

I'm a bit confused here– MIN_METRIC doesn't seem to be defined anywhere in the draft. If we use it in the pseudocode, I think it should be noted what it means.

That's a good point. MIN_METRIC for hop count is zero, and also for all other metrics I can think of.
Maybe it's better just to say zero and not engage in meaningless generality.

3. The Route.Timed flag - this seems a bit redundant. If a route is
not timed, its expiration time is MAX_TIME, so cant we use
route.ExpirationTime != MAX_TIME to check if the route is timed?

If I understand it correctly, the draft doesn't prevent one from specifying a ValidityTime bigger than MAX_TIME, does it? If so, that would make this check fail...
Also, I noticed that Timed is sometimes written as “timed” in your current version... I'm not sure if that's on purpose?

There can't be a time greater than MAX_TIME, or else MAX_TIME is defined incorrectly.

Regards,
Charlie P.