[aodvv2-discuss] End-to-end idea is very bad

  • From: Charlie Perkins <charles.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 15:44:33 -0700

Hello folks,

Route discovery delay is one of the worst problems with AODV. Making it worse by a factor of two may qualify as a disaster.

Plus, the extra control traffic is itself subject to wireless packet loss. Do you require acknowledgement for transmission of the acknowledgement? People have thought through this problem before, and at some point one has to simply avoid re-re-acknowledgement.

There are 439,000 google hits for AODV. I am pretty sure that zero of them are reporting any such problem with RREP_Ack. Please let me know if you find out anything different.

AODV does not deserve this additional performance hobbling, especially when there is a non-invasive alternative available.

Please reconsider this.