[aodvv2-discuss] Re: Comments about AODVv2 gateways?

  • From: Charlie Perkins <charles.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 09:35:28 -0700

Hello folks,

I also do not think that the AODVv2 draft should specify the IAR as a default router. This can be done at a later time, by mechanisms not specific to AODVv2.

For convenience, I append my earlier discussion with various bits of rationale for resolving the remaining gateway issues that I was aware of.

The main points are:
- The gateway is NOT specified to be default router
- The interface to the Internet is *not* an element of the AODVv2_INTERFACES list (so the gateway won't put AODVv2 messages on it)

The second sentence needs to be added to section 9. With these restrictions, I believe multiple gateways also work as expected, and do not require additional specification.

The gateway responds to RREQs as usual, either as a specific destination, or as a router for the Internet. We have to decide what to use for hop count to the Internet. (hop_count == 1) is a realistic possibility. If the gateway has more specific information about hop count to Internet destinations, it can use it.

Regards,
Charlie P.