[aodvv2-discuss] AdvRte.Cost question

  • From: Lotte Steenbrink <lotte.steenbrink@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 13:40:06 +0200

Hi all,
yet again, I'm not sure if I'm being stupid right now, but I think I've found a
misimplementation on my part and was wondering if it's just me or if we should
change the wording.. maybe one of you has the time to take a look:

Section 6.5. Processing Received Route Information says:
o AdvRte.Cost := AdvRte.Metric + Cost(L) using the cost function
associated with the route's metric type, where L is the link from
the advertising router
and then, section 6.5.2. Applying Route Updates says:

o Route.Metric := AdvRte.Cost

This (I think) has led me to implement my route table in a way that when I have
(very simplified) nodes A <-> B <-> ..., B's route table will say the (hop
count) metric for its connection to A is actually 2, since it takes the Hop
Count it learned from the RREQ and then adds another hop (namely Cost(L)) onto
it. This doesn't seem right to me; should I get another coffee or is this an
issue (i.e. if B's route table should have a metric of 1 for the route towards
A)?

Regards,
Lotte