[aodvv2-discuss] Re: 8.1. Evaluating Incoming Routing Information

  • From: Stan Ratliff <ratliffstan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:02:57 -0400

Sorry, but this is off-topic.

Did we ever publish interim goals (with dates) to the MANET mailing list?

Regards,
Stan

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Lotte Steenbrink <
lotte.steenbrink@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks,
I'm revisiting my code that checks whether a route update offers
improvement right now, and imho the “To briefly summarize, ..” Part of
section 8.1. is a bit misleading, since it doesn't cover all the cases
clearly (and being lazy, I used it as my only reference first). Therefore,
I'd propose to remove the following paragraphs:

To briefly summarize, AdvRte must satisfy the following conditions
compared to the existing route table entry before it can be used:

o AdvRte is more recent, (i.e., AdvRte.SeqNum > Route.SeqNum) OR

o AdvRte is not stale and can safely restore an invalid route (i.e.
LoopFree (AdvRte, Route) == TRUE), OR

o AdvRte is not stale and is less costly.

Regards,
Lotte