[antispam-f] Re: Very strange problem

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:59:11 +0100

In article <746e518c4e.ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All of a sudden AntiSpam/SysLogs decided to omit the "Message n
> deleted on rule m:" line and the subject line at the end (not the
> subject line when the rule was testing the subject), and substituted a
> blank line instead in the AS_Deleted log.

> This started when SysLogs started a new file, then after a few fetches
> it all went back to normal. Given the exact 5 minute intervals there
> obviously wasn't a reboot to put things right. I suspect this is a
> problem with SysLogs rather than AntiSpam but I haven't seen it
> before.

Neither have I. The 'Message n deleted...' line isn't optional and it's
created using several variables and literals. It's very unlikely *all*
of them could get blanked at the same time, so you would at least see
part of the line. Unless the variable holding the name of the log would
lose its contents, of course, but in that case the rest of the entry
would be missing as well.

Very strange indeed, especially as it seems to 'repair' itself.

Regards,
Frank