[antispam-f] Re: UIDL aborts

  • From: Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:55:48 +0100

On 06 Aug, frank.de.bruijn <frank.de.bruijn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The aborts reported by Richard and Harriet are the same problem (line
> 2089 in 1.59.5 = line 2098 in 1.59.7). It seems to be caused by reading
> past the end of the wimp slot (which shouldn't happen because of
> precautions in the memory allocation code, but obviously...).

Replicated with a mail message having a rather large number of header
content. (the sender is a sandwich short of a picnic and tends to dump the
whole of his mail list into the To:  )

Removing that message from the queue solved the problem.
version 1.60.b0

The problem seems to revolve around the buffer use in PROCincoming.
v1.60.b0 errors at 2037 and I guess that the check of buffer
space at line 2036 didn't check for enough space to accomodate the
excessively large header. (in the case of the mail causing problems with
Christines mail the To: field terminated partway through a hotmail
address when viewed via the web interface so the word "excessive" fits)

--

Steve Pampling