[antispam-f] Re: Token

  • From: Graeme <Graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:02:22 +0000

In message <gemini.kf8h230013e7z02xw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> Graeme <Graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Should have read 'Message Token C72 not found', sorry.  I've never come
> > across it before either.  I'm only assuming it is Antispam because when I
> > cancel it, AS runs, but that could be coincidence, it might be Newshound
> > causing it as that's also on auto-repeat.
>
> Finding out what's causing it might be easier with eg !Reporter running.

I'll get a copy and see what happens.

> Are you using one of the recent releases of RO/Select?

No, this is a bog-standard Kinetic running 4.03.  I'm hoping to upgrade it to
4.39 using the roms out of my now-defunct StrongArm machine.

> Which version of AS?

1.22 but I think AS is a red herring now.  There's no C72 in the AS messages
file, or in Popstar or Newshound.  Those are the apps that are always
running.

> What it might be is that applications and the OS itself don't store the
> text of messages (error messages generally) in entire literal strings.
> First the OS stores common fragments of messages and expands them for
> display so for example if a 'standard' error message was meant to
> incorporate fragment C72 but the OS couldn't find the expanded value of
> C72, you might get such a message.
>
> Secondly applications (eg AS) normally store the text of their error
> messages etc in a file.  The application asks RO to look up standard
> message 'blah' in a file that the programmer has provided then uses the
> corrsponding string in a message.  This is how programmers can allow the
> same application program to issue messages in different (spoken) languages.
> Maybe an app is saying to RO "look up standard message C72" and display it.
>
> If you browse the contents of the 'Messages' file inside various apps you
> might find one that, say, has lines labelled C69, C70, C71 etc, but not C72.

I'm now checking the various apps on this machine to see if I can find it.
Thanks for the help.

--
Graeme Wall

My genealogy website <www.greywall.demon.co.uk/genealogy/>