[antispam-f] Re: Problem with header download

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:02:12 +0200

In article <264d432b4e.harriet@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This has happened occasionally before, but I caught this one at it;
> mysterious blank lines in the middle of headers.

> The header downloaded by AntiSpam was as follows (note the blank line
> after Message-id):

 [snip]

> I switched on debug logging and got the following header during
> download (note *trailing space* on blank line after Message-id):

That's part of the '< ' bit that precedes every line when logging is set
to 'both' or 'incoming' and incoming lines are logged. I.e. the actual
line was indeed empty.

> However, the actual header retrieved is as follows (note trailing space
> retained after "Status: U " but completely vanished in line after
> Message-id):

 [snip]

> Any idea what's going on?

This looks like what Richard Porter reported.

If version 1.58 is used with the -debug (command line) switch, it will
'dump' the contents of the socket buffer. See the manual and the thread
'Blank lines in headers'.

I'm still not sure whether these blank lines are real or caused by some
bug in the program. Having a couple of 'dumps' to look at might help.

Regards,
Frank