[antispam-f] Re: Good email deleted!

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 07:30:21 +0200

In article <60751b464e.harriet@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I keep losing emails from this person... which, since they're not
> addressed to me or my father, is rather embarrassing!

> The rule which ought to kick in and automatically accept them is not
> triggering, probably for the same reason that they are subsequently
> being deleted on the 'missing Message-id' rule:   examination of the
> debugging dump gives the header as follows.   (Original file was in CRLF
> format with assorted extra [0a] and [0d] characters, which I've
> represented manually to avoid e-mail programs' being too clever with
> them....)

 [snip doubly encoded quoted printable]

Sorry, I can't really make sense of that mess. Could you please send the
original header dump directly to me (in a zip, preferably)?

At first sight, this bit:

> **** no line feed here... ****]=98=98=98=98[0A]=98=98=98=98=98=98=98=98=98=
suggests that something other than AntiSpam is screwing things up. The
sequence of '=98's represents an unbroken line. There's no way a line
feed could end up in the middle of that.

Anyway, if there really are two consecutive line feeds in the header, my
suggestion to fix the bug mentioned in the thread 'Problem with header
download' by merely looking at line feeds and ignoring carriage returns,
won't handle this.

Regards,
Frank