[antispam-f] DNS Lookup / Weight filter

  • From: Robin Hampshire <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:00:35 +0000 (GMT)

Since a week or so before Xmas I have been having great trouble with the
DNS lookup filter. Virtually every occasion I try to use it with a command
of

Delete Weight > 14

the initial connection to the POP3 mailbox becomes very slow, each DNS
lookup takes between 10/15 seconds and within a few attempts I have to
"*rmkill nsq" and start again.

Initially I decided temporarily to comment the filter out during the
holidays, in case it was an anomaly brought on by increased traffic over
that period, but the problem still persists as of now.

Is anyone else getting the same problems, and is there any tweaking that
can be done at this end to help?

regards,

--
Robin Hampshire