[angelscript] AngelScript 2.8.1 release coming closer + suggestions for logo is wanted

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:27:19 -0300

Hi everybody,

it's been a long time since I sent out any notice on this list. I'd
like to let you know that I'm in the final testing phase for
AngelScript 2.8.1. There have already been moments when there were no
known bugs, but further testing revealed a couple of previously
unknown ones, but I'm working hard to fix them as fast as possible.

However, if you're planning on upgrading, it may be a good idea for
you to start doing so already so that you'll be able to have your
application tested with the new code even before it is released. We
can call it a beta testing period.

If you're currently using version 2.8.0a (and maybe even versions as
far back as 2.5.0 when I changed from stack based to register based
VM), it is highly recommended to update to 2.8.1. Because a lot of
bugs that plagued 2.8.0a have been fixed.

Currently the best revision in the SVN is 159. Revision 160 fixed a
bug with checking for null pointers in arguments, but introduced
another that is potentially worse (though simple to fix).

http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/wip.asp

I'd also like to spotlight the thread at GameDev.net, where I'm asking
for suggestions on a logo for AngelScript. Feel free to jump in with
your own suggestions or critics on the already suggested logos.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=452879

Regards,
Andreas Jonsson
Author of AngelScript
www.AngelCode.com
AngelScript - AngelCode Scripting Library
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/
http://www.angelcode.com/forums/