[angelscript] AngelScript 2.6.0 WIP 3

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:16:28 -0300

I've uploaded the third WIP to the site.

I've modified the implementation of the methods to get and set
arguments to the script functions, i.e on the asIScriptContext and
asIScriptGeneric. This was done to be more consistent when working
with parameter references and objects. If you're using these methods,
it is possible they start to fail if you update to this version. If
that happens you should try switching to one of the other methods, for
example SetArgAddress() instead of SetArgObject(), and vice versa.
Generally speaking you should use the method that best matches how the
parameter was registered, i.e. SetArgAddress() for parameter
references, and SetArgObject() for objects and object handles.

I've also spent a lot of time on making the library compatible with
64bit CPUs. There is still no support for native calling conventions
on 64bit CPUs, but you should be able to use the library anyway by
declaring the flag AS_64BIT_PTR when compiling the library. What this
does is to change how pointers are stored in the compiled bytecode.
There is likely some things that still don't work on 64bit processors
so I need your help to test the library. Hopefully there should only
be a few things though.

Regards,
Andreas Jönsson
Author of AngelScript
www.AngelCode.com
AngelScript - AngelCode Scripting Library
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/
http://www.angelcode.com/forums/