[angelscript] AngelScript 2.6.0

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 22:37:17 -0300

I've finally released version 2.6.0 after almost three months with
only occasional bug fixes coming out.

Two major steps have been taken with this release. 1) Script classes
can now be declared with methods and constructors for use in the
scripts and also from the application. There is still no inheritance
or polymorphism available, but that is coming. 2) I've been able to
add support for 64 bit processors, though still without native calling
conventions. It's not been all that well tested yet since I do not
have a 64 bit system myself, but I've been told that it works well.

The next step for me now is to add the script interfaces, which will
allow scripts to use polymorphism, similar to how Java does it. The
application will also be able to define interfaces that the script
classes must implement, which should make it easier to interact with
the scripts.

Regards,
Andreas Jönsson
Author of AngelScript
www.AngelCode.com
AngelScript - AngelCode Scripting Library
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/
http://www.angelcode.com/forums/