[angelscript] AngelScript 2.13.0 is here

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 12:28:16 -0300

The long wait is over. A new version of AngelScript is available.

I've done a bit of clean-up and reorganization with this version, as a
result some methods in the engine interface have been deprecated
(remember that you can still use them, if you compile the library with
AS_DEPRECATED defined) as they have been moved to more appropriate
interfaces, i.e. asIScriptFunction and asIObjectType. The
asIScriptEngine interface has become a monster over the time, and this
restructuring will make the interfaces smaller and better organized,
thus improve the useability of the library. In the next versions I
plan on creating a new interface asIModule, which will hold the
methods for accessing the script modules, e.g. enumerating functions
and global variables.

Besides the restructuring the new version also includes the new
asBEHAVE_REF_CAST behaviour, that allows applications to register how
an object handle of one type can be cast to a handle of another type.
This is intended for those application registered classes that have a
relationship through inheritance. So now polymorphing for registered
types is also available. In upcoming versions I'll improve this, by
having a asBEHAVE_REF_CAST_IMPLICIT as well, which will tell
AngelScript that the cast can be made implicitly by the compiler where
appropriate.

I received an initial contribution for support for native calling
conventions on 64bit platforms from niteice. I've been told that it is
not fully working yet, but hopefully the community can help me test it
and root out the final problems so that this support can finally be
added to the library.

And finally but not least, I've fixed quite a few bugs in the latest
version. So if you've been having problems, this version is definitely
worth checking out.

Regards,
Andreas Jonsson
Author of AngelScript
www.AngelCode.com
AngelScript - AngelCode Scripting Library
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/
http://www.angelcode.com/forums/