[angelscript] AS 2.0.0a and AS 2.1.0 WIP 1

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "angelscript" <angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:53:42 -0200

I've release AS 2.0.0a with a few bug fixes. Especially object handles were
having some issues. Thanks to Tomas Stepanek and Adrian Licu for detecting and
reporting these problems.
I've also uploaded AS 2.1.0 WIP 1, which brings a few new features:

- A flat C interface has been implement which should allow the library to be
used with other languages such as Pascal and D. It has not been fully tested
yet so be sure to let me know of any problems.
- A improved debugging interface has been added. It is now possible to register
a couple of callback functions to interact with the VM while it is running. The
line callback will be called for each script statement, and can be used to
track which parts of the scripts get executed. The exception callback is called
when a script exception is raised and can be used to examine the callstack
before it is cleaned up by the library to more easily pinpoint the location of
the error. In addition to these callback functions, I've also added functions
for examining the callstack, the functions called and their line numbers. It is
now also possible to query the section name where a function was implemented.
- The ExecuteStep() method is now deprecated. Instead you should use the line
callback which is much more flexible. You can easily make the line callback
suspend the execution based on various criterias, such as timeout, number of
statements called, position in the code, etc.

Regards,
Andreas Jonsson
Author of AngelScript

AngelScript - AngelCode Scripting Library
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/
http://www.angelcode.com/forums/