[analogorgans] Re: analogorgans Digest V3 #10

  • From: "Jean Moquin" <jean.moquin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:38:57 -0500

Rodgers 950A,

Hello Phil,

               I don't have experience with the "micasko" Rodgers organs,
but I have rebuilt two model 220-II during the poast year and also maintain
my 333 and 330E....I understand that tyour 950A is an analog fitted with the
micasko digital system wich replaces most switching (i.e. clock, couplers,
etc...), but the keyers and oscillators are analog.

     As for your dead notes,I would first clean all keyboards contacts and
make sure that they all "fire".

     A desd oscillator or keyer is not difficult to find..they are all
identified and numbered and also follow the keyboards order....

     The better tool tu use here is an oscilloscope....you can follow the
wave along its path in the circuits....If you don't have one, get one on E
Bay...a 20 MZ unit could be bought for a decent amount....As for the VOM,
you can check components with it and do some voltage follow up....just
connect the black wire to any oscillator center screw ....

      Look for broken connections...A way to check a keyer is to connect it
to a neighboring one at the oscillator connection point.....if it works, it
will show with the sound....i.e. added note.... If the keyer works, then the
trouble should lie with the oscillator. With the voltmeter, look if a signal
comes from the micasko circuitry....

      It would have been much easier to explain with more precision with the
diagrams on hand, but I don't have them here....

      Feel free to contact me ...
   jean.moquin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

     Btw...where are you from?...As for me, I live in the Montréal, QC
area....

Best,

Jean