[analogorgans] Hauptwerk

  • From: <mathbob3@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 8:27:42 -0400

Grant,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I agree that I probably woudn't want to go back to
analog after getting the digital stuff running, but 1) I have only room and
budget for one organ, so I could continue to use the analog while building the
digital stuff; 2) The analog would be a fall-back if (or should I say "when"
the digital stuff hangs).  I've looked at Hauptwerk & the other sites you
suggested.  A few "starter questions":

1) It appears that the other sites supply samples that run on Hauptwerk
software, i.e. you need to have Hauptwerk first to use them.  True?

2) There must be a standard plan for console MIDI outputs regarding which
keyboard is on which MIDI channel, how stop, piston  and swell pedal settings,
etc are coded, etc.  I have done some work with MIDI software, so I have a
general idea of the structure of the MIDI files.  Is the "standard plan"
detailed somewhere?

3) It appears that the computer supporting this must be booted up and started
via keyboard & monitor; i.e. you can't just turn the organ on and all of this
happens automatically - true/false?

Bob