[analogorgans] Re: Conn pipes

  • From: Karen Lewis <kkinglewis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 16:33:11 -0700 (PDT)

I guess I.ll just get the Walker speakers, I would feel, confident that I.ll
get the best sound possible.The pipes would be nice for show, but not worth the
trade-off between  looks and sound. I think I could make some facade pipes out
of PVC pipe,some wood and gold paint!

milton miller <mrcool6020002003@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  you'd need 4 pipe units.most
pipes have 4  6 by 9's but there are smaller ones that have 2  6 by 9's.but
they are mostly for looks.they didn't really sound better than other ones
might.the cambridge model 6 has been used by some that have rodgers analog
organs as well as many others.the possibilities are endless.i may know a guy in
michigan here that has some.i've bought them from him before.pipes,that is.  i
wouldn't go to too much trouble for the pipes unless you feel you have to have
them.   milt     i had them on my 770 which was a bit newer than the 750

Karen Lewis <kkinglewis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Hi Milt and everyone: Have been
looking once in a while for Conn pipes for sale cheap on E-Bay-- they go very
quickly when they appear.My questions are: Will these speakers work with my
organ (a 750BE)? Would I need addititional ones since my organ  has 4 output
wires -- definitely one for the bass, I suppose. In addition, I have seen in
member Birdsong's posts an Alesis reverb unit. How much are they and how would
I connect it to my organ?Where would I get one?

Regards, Karen
MILTON S MILLER <organgrinder64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  wow;  does that sound like fun!let me know how they sound.  milt     i had a
770 for a while and it had conn pipes on it

Karen Lewis <kkinglewis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Hi Milt: We are going to buy some
Walker speakers as soon an we sell the Allen.They gave a price of $150.00 each
for 4 TP3's and $405.00 for the B 101 bass. That's a total of $1005.00 plus
shipping.The TP3's are small and can  bed shipped UPS but the bass has to be
shipped  by truck because of the weight.

milton miller <mrcool6020002003@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   hey karen;  i tried writing
you before about your speakers on your organ.did you decide to use something
other than the allen speakers?  milt miller   detroit

Karen Lewis <kkinglewis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     This message is for Rick powers.I
tried to e-mail you directly but it came back as addressee unknown. I wanted to
l et you know that I have a 1983 Allen digital for sale and I liv e in your
area( north central FL 11/2 hours from Jacksonville. If you are interested, let
me kn ow an d I will send you the complete specifications.

Regards,Karen

kkinglewis@xxxxxxxxx

EpOrganist@xxxxxxx wrote:
      Thanks for your helpful replies.

  We have obtained a manual for the 630T.
  It is very comprehensive.

  Using it, we have discovered that the trouble is in
  the "manual preamp 2" section of the preamplifier.

  I was in error in the previous post.  The distortion occurs
  in all ten voices using this preamplifier. [mainly flutes]
  It is quite noticeable and needs to be corrected.

  All three preamplifiers are on the same circuit board,
  which is going to be a "bear" to replace. Many wires.

  If you know of a good source for replacement parts
  for this instrument, please let me know.  Thanks.

  Rick Powers
  EpOrganist@xxxxxxx

  Karen C. Lewis, AGO
  Organist