[analogorgans] 220-II problem....

  • From: "Jean Moquin" <jean.moquin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:10:56 -0500

Hello Bernie,

It seems to me that you may have lost all stops from the "great diode gates".....This is located on rack no. 3, top, second pannel from the right. Look at the bottom left(you will see a big resistor there)...check if 12 V feeds the pannel....on both sides...sometimes, the conductor brakes between the front and the back of the said pannel. Check this and come back to me (and other tech's!)....

I take this opportunity to wish you (and also to other tech's) and family a most successfull year 2007...healt, serenity, joy, happiness...

Jean
----- Original Message ----- From: "FreeLists Mailing List Manager" <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Bernie Arcand" <barcand@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [analogorgans] Lost Great Fundamentals
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:15:42 -0600

ATTN: For Jean Moquin and other techs:
My Rodgers Cambridge 220-II suddenly lost the following stops on the great:
Flute Conique-16'
Principal 8'
Octave 4'
Fifteenth 2'
Fourniture III
Carillon
Harp
Gambe 8'

All other stops work fine. What should I look for that's common to all the above non-working stops?

All Swell stops and couplers are fine, as are all pedals.

Frustrated....

Bernie in ND

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 20:14:33 -0800
From: Robert Lemon <lemon1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [analogorgans] 220 problems

Just thinking out loud here....the amplifier, power supply, cable
harness run....great pedal. If you have not looked yet, failures like
this can be caused by the effects of dirt or moisture concentrated in
an area that is common to all. You might also look for wood chips and
shredded paper in a pile.

------------------------------

From: "Bernie Arcand" <barcand@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [analogorgans] Re: 220 problems
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:45:58 -0600

Thanks, Robert....come to think of it, the crescendo pedal was acting funny the other day...might give that a look and a cleaning. As for the "telltale
signs" of alien inhabitation, highly doubtfull, we haven't had any in our
music room in the 12 years I've lived here...so far...but great thought.
Thanks for the help.

Bernie in ND

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Lemon" <lemon1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Just thinking out loud here....the amplifier, power supply, cable harness
run....great pedal. If you have not looked yet, failures like this can be
caused by the effects of dirt or moisture concentrated in an area that is
common to all. You might also look for wood chips and shredded paper in a
pile.

12/28/2006

End of analogorgans Digest V3 #39