[amen] Yearend Appeal For HOSANNA looking towards 2005.

  • From: Seraphim Sigrist <ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:37:10 -0800 (PST)

Dear Friends of Christian Renewal,
It is time to share with you the financial needs of Hosanna for the
continuation and development of this many sided work we share. I will
do so in a brief but accurate summary budget.

We need your help, offerings and pledges at the end of the year on
which we can depend as we go into the coming year. Of course we
receive assistance throughout the year but in the greatest part our
budget has come to depend on this year end appeal  and on your
response... Of course the pledge can be made now and the
assistance delivered after the New Year, but once again we will be
relying on your sharing with us in this work.

Now this year we have a situation that we have an opportunity for
ministry and an unresolved question or two, that I am not really at
liberty to share with you for perhaps another 10 days or so--
it does not ,will not affect the total budget we will need in
any considerable way but it can affect the distribution.

So I am just going to set out the budget prior to that (which in
total will be the same) and then shortly catch you up on any new
developments...and in setting out the needs we can also remind of the range
of Hosanna work...and of the Lord's miracles through you also and
in our shared work.

(2)2004 Yearend Appeal for needs looking to 2004

 We are asking our friends for the following in total to
 underwrite the next months of our work.

 A. For the Annunciation Orthodox Youth Missionary School
    in central Moscow.                  $25,000
    This is the year's budget for all faculty and office
    expenses and also covers missioanry outreach trips by
    van to parishes and to hospitals and homes for handicapped
    and orphans etc. You may see some pictures of these works at
   http://www.livejournal.com/users/hosanna/2422.html#cutid1

 B.For the Missionary Center...    $25,000
    this is the new building we have
   acquired and rennovated in central Moscow. We now have there
   a functioning Bible "College"  in its second year, for advanced
 continuing study by  Christian leaders, and a library , and an
auditorium where many    special programs have already taken place.
You will find pictures at:
 http://www.livejournal.com/users/hosanna/4947.html#cutid1
    Budget is to maintain and extend the service of the building
  salary for staff.

 C.For the Activity and Further Development of our Retreat Center.
This center in Semkhoz, Fr Men's town outside Moscow, can now
accomodate retreats and meetings of up to 50--for couples, young
people, children, study retreats, small group retreats and so on.
You will find some recent pictures of a retreat there at:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hosanna/4519.html
For this we budget $5,000

in general at the website be sure to click on the links
where it says "read more" to see the complete series
of photographs.

At this website I have also put some articles about our work,
one by Sonia Kishkovsky of the New York Times, report
on a Bible Class, report of Prison Ministry and so on...
so please explore there!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hosanna/

D)For the youth magazine (published every two months)
DOROGA VMESTE = "The Way Together"
to support its publication $5,000
So our total need is 25,000+25,000+5,000+5,000
=$60,000

Last year I am happy to say that we received from you all
$57,000 and made up the budget completely with other
one time assistance.

This is in one way not a lot...when you consider what we are
doing and the range of works. It is the core of our 2005 budget
but of course to be supplemented by offerings from community
members and by sale of magazines and books and so on...
But it remains true that friends outside Russia have more
material resource, as in Russia is the direct work itself and so
the two together are one work... as St Paul says "one plants
and another waters but God gives the increase."

So...well , it is an appeal, so I appeal to you to be with us...
to write and tell me what you, or your parish, or groups you belong
to and so on, can do to share.
Large donations are good. Small donations are good. All needed
and as we said the small donation no less , makes concrete
a reality of sharing in prayer and intention.

In the next week I will be sending you besides any news of the
Community a couple of posts for Thanksgiving--I think there will be
a Thanksgiving greeting from Hosanna Moscow and I will send some
other materials of the theme before that. It is in a sense the essence
of our relation to God's work in which  we share, to be thankful...to
acknowledge.

But this time just this appeal and I await your respose
....and the Lord's miracles and Grace on and through
all, and am yours,
+Seraphim Joseph Sigrist
 All donations to THE PATRISTIC SOCIETY
                  320 South Broadway P-7
                  Tarrytown New York 10591

wire information on request.
 Please write to me about pledges and all questions at
ssigrist@xxxxxxxxxx   or   sigrist@xxxxxxxx

vacation from the list on the list home page here:
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=amen