[amen] Hosanna: The Coinherence spoken in Princeton

  • From: Seraphim Sigrist <ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 14:59:37 -0800 (PST)

Friends of our work in Hosanna Moscow.
within the heritage of Fr Alexander Men, this is just an update
on our appeal really. I will be in Russia in 3 weeks and after that
have news for you, but now is the time of needing to collect donations
and pledges to underwrite the coming year.

We have received a number of generous donations and are grateful
for all(and the small can be as generous as the large as it is written
of the widow). I will write of one...

Yesterday at a very small mission church in Princeton New Jersey a
plate offering was taken and with an additonal pledge from one member
who is sending a check tomorrow the total received from it seemed
everyone present I think, was over $800.
But what struck me is what the priest said to me afterwards ,not as
a cliche, but with real seriousness and matter of factness
"WE FEEL THAT YOUR WORK AND NEED ARE OUR WORK AND
NEED" I put it in capitals because it seems to me a statement of
the Bospel principle of coinhering in one another and sharing our
work and burden and happiness.
If all of us who feel a kindred spirit in this work and in the longing
for the Springtime of the Church , were to act on this then I think
it would hardly be necessary to have one person(me) write these
letters let alone all else I do in asking for help for us... It would
be done.
Beyond that if many felt this of each other around the world
it would indeed be Spring beginning...
Perhaps it will be done and will be. Amen so may it be!

Here is where it stands.
Our need to underwrite the work of Hosanna in 2007=$50,000
received in 4 of the 6 or so weeks of appeal                  4,831
pledged                                                                   17,490

total
22,321

 Information ,exact, on how to donate follows my sign off which is
 as yours in our Lord and the work he gives us to share,
 +Seraphim Joseph Sigrist

 Donations for HOSANNA to
 The Patristic Society
 c.o 320 South Broadway, Unity P-7
 Tarrytown New York 10591
    (all correspondence to me:  ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx, or sigrist@xxxxxxxx )

 OR TO PAYPAL --CLICK ON "DONATE" BUTTON AT
 http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=hosanna
 AND FOLLOW THE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS TO MAKE CREDIT CARD OR
 BANK ACCOUNT DONATION.