[amen] Hosanna Christmas 1st of 3. Yearend Appeal. my failures in reporting our work interestingly + serious words.

  • From: Seraphim Sigrist <ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 15:53:47 -0800 (PST)

Friends of Christian Renewal and of our community Hosanna,
 It is Christmas or the Eve of the Eve as I write. I plan three posts
 for you and I hope somehow all will be worth attention of your charity...

 1.first on the Yearend Appeal
 2.My personal Christmas greeting
 3. A Christmas Greeting from Hosanna Moscow

 This is the first but please, if you will give me a moment, I have something
 rather important to say... it is a confession in a way.

 I have been writing for our community to  our friends, to you , for many
 years now --since 1995 I guess.
 At the beginning I wrote once a week and tried to make everything
 interesting and even within my possibilities literary.
 I would copy down dialogue in Bible studies in Moscow and write
 them up for you...
 or classes in our youth evangelism school
 or report every song and topic in a festival for the handicapped or
 a concert in honor of Fr Men.

 I have not done that very well lately.
 I have given some facts and posted some pictures but...

 why? Well for one thing it is hard to write about the same sorts of things
 again and again ... with the same freshness and invention...we have really
 the same works we did, camps, schools, magazines, prison visits,
 Bible studies, handicapped and poor.

 But if I dont make them come alive it is harder for you to feel what we
 are doing and to feel like sharers and it becomes just as if I am asking
 you for money and ...
 and people natureally will find other places that maybe do a better job
 or anyway offer new things and new promise...

 So no conclusion, just this confession but two things
 1)I will try within the limits of my strength to do better even though
I am not as young and fresh perhaps and
 2) I assure you our work is ,or I am convinced our work is, important
 and valuable as representing what the Church can be in Russia and
 the world... hard to express, it is a very small work, with very weak people
 (well look at me and my failure as a reporter) but in the Orthodox Church
 maybe there are not so many communities commited to unity of
 Christians and service and trying to be a community ...
 or are there so very many anywhere?
 then
 3)It seems our support becomes less. People who gave last year
 at this time are unheard from and others have given less and yet
 we are grateful for all and yet hoping all our friends might remember us
 and see the work has its importance...that this importance does not
 change with the skill of the reporter.
 well:

 After three and a half weeks of the six week appeal, not that we
do not need help after but we have always gathered pledges and as
we could at yearend and tried to give reports after that,
 we have:
 Goal  and needed                     $50,000

 received                                      2,820
 pledged                                     16,190

 total 19,010

 Information ,exact, on how to donate follows my sign off which is
 as yours in our Lord and the work he gives us to share,
 +Seraphim Joseph Sigrist

 Donations for HOSANNA to
 The Patristic Society
 c.o 320 South Broadway, Unity P-7
 Tarrytown New York 10591
    (all correspondence to me:  ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx, or sigrist@xxxxxxxx )

 OR TO PAYPAL --CLICK ON "DONATE" BUTTON AT
 http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=hosanna
 AND FOLLOW THE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS TO MAKE CREDIT CARD OR
 BANK ACCOUNT DONATION.