[amc] bulletin for apr 19, easter 2

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ann Palmer <candapalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Judy/Dan Thiessen <jthiessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jared Diener <j.diener@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jared Diener <jd.diener@xxxxxxxxx>, Janice Friesen <janicef@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dolly Lambdin <lambdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Sirmons <sirmonsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 16:25:11 -0500

hello all, find the text of the bulletin for next sun below. jared, there are three things on the back of the bulletin: 'Gathering/call to worship' - leader and people; 'Offering prayer' - leader or unison; and 'Sending/benediction' - leader only.

ann, the bulletins will be in the cabinet with the offering supplies in the outer office. we have been putting them out after the study hour.

janice, the globe will be in the outer office for you to use in the children's story.

thank you all for your ministry to our community. may it go well with you. sincerely,
g robertson

 AUSTIN MENNONITE CHURCH

 April 19, 2009

 Second Sunday of Easter

* *

* *

*GATHERING*

* *

*Meditation*

None can stop the Spirit of peace, who opens our eyes to see God clearly. When we look with these new eyes, we can boldly declare, “My Lord and my God!”

* *

*Prelude *Judy

*Welcome and Introduction of Visitors *Jared

* *

*Gathering/call to worship *[Back of bulletin]**

* *

*PRAISING*

*Hymn *#265, “Come, ye faithful, raise the strain”

* *

*HEARING*

*Children’s time *Janice

[Young children may accompany Ms Dolly to the nursery]

* *

*Theme song *#61(SJ) vs 1, “How can we be silent”

* *

*Hymn *#275, “Lift your glad voices”

**

*Scripture *John 20:19-31**

* *Acts 4:32-35

1 John 1:1-2:2

*Sermon *Anti-war poetry of the early 20^th Century Michael**

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

*RESPONDING*

*Hymn *#356, Breathe on me, breath of God”

* *

*Sharing Joys and Concerns *

*Congregational prayer*

*Lord’s Prayer*

* *

*Offering prayer *[Back of bulletin]* */ /

*Offertory */ /* *

[Coins are collected for the MCC Relief Sale]

*SENDING*

*Announcements*

*Hymn* #429, “Go now in peace”

*Sending/benediction *[Back of bulletin]* *

Greeter and Décor – Ann Palmer

Music – Judy Thiessen Worship Leader – Jared Diener

Children’s story – Janice Friesen Nursery – Dolly Lambdin

Preacher – Michael Sirmons Pastor – Garland Robertson

Welcome to Austin Mennonite Church. We are delighted you are able to worship with us today. If you are a visitor, we encourage you to return again soon. If you desire more information about Mennonites or our church community, please contact the pastor, 926-3121, or email pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Regular notices about current events in the congregation as well as discussion about ongoing topics can be accessed by e-mailing the word “subscribe” to amc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:amc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.