[amc] a note form the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:23:57 -0500

We have experienced again the seasons of Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, and Pentecost. I trust these festivals and celebrations have encouraged you in your journey of faith. We are grateful to everyone who provided enriching details and appointments during these special days of commemoration and significance.

What does it mean for us to live faithfully, to honor our perceptions of what God has intended human life to be like? Initially we might be caused to wonder about the origin of these ‘perceptions’ regarding appropriate human behavior. The variations of human perceptions about the Creator’s intention for human life bewilder us. We speculate about patterns that might have composed these conceptions. We consider the experiences and engagements individuals have had that might have worked to produce this collection of ‘wisdom’ that resides within them. Is each one legitimate? If not how do we distinguish between them? So many questions arise whenever we think about living faithfully. Ancient biblical stories survive because they suggest a way for us to believe that living faithfully is possible, in spite of our uncertainties. These thoughts will compose the sermon for this next Sunday, 'Being faithful.'

May it go well with you. Sincerely,