[amc] Youth Ministry in Church

  • From: Janice Friesen <janicef@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:57:03 -0500

This Sunday right after Church we will have a short meeting with anyone who
is interested in ANY way in youth ministry.  This could be parents, but it
could also be someone with no kids who is not interested at all in
volunteering time, but has thoughts and ideas.

Here are some questions that we will be talking about.  If you cannot be
there, but want to contribute your ideas feel free to send an email with
your thoughts to janicef@xxxxxxxxxxxx and/or Wilson Tan
wilsonhptan@xxxxxxxxxxx and we will make sure your thoughts are included.

1. What are your memories of church as a child?  What was especially good?
What was not so good?

2. How do you feel about having small children in the church service?

3. What is the purpose of ministry to children/teens?   Rate each of these
on a scale of 1-10 with 1  being less important and 10 more important. It
would be OK to mark more than one with the same value.
> Learn the Bible
> Service
> Find Friends
> Mentoring
> Feeling part of the church
> Singing/Music-what kind?
> Evangelism to community
> Church growth
> Learning about Mennonite heritage
> Pacifism

4. Are there topics or curriculum that you have come across that would be
good to address?

5. Should kids from our church be involved in Mennonite church conferences
or camps?

6.  Do you have other questions that  you think we should discuss?

No final decisions will be made at the meeting Sunday.  It is just a time to
gather some ideas.

Janice Friesen

--
Janice Friesen