[amc] Steve is home from the hospital!!

  • From: pat hochstetler <srh2pjh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vhamann <vhamann@xxxxxxxxxx>, kcalmond <kcalmond@xxxxxxxxx>, amc <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sheca_sheca <sheca_sheca@xxxxxxxxx>, "donna.duerksen" <donna.duerksen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, glinatsisi <glinatsisi@xxxxxxxxx>, norris0416 <norris0416@xxxxxxxxx>, cathymorg <cathymorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Natalie <Natalie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, rzrback_99 <rzrback_99@xxxxxxxxxxx>, cyndyreid12 <cyndyreid12@xxxxxxxxx>, headspeed <headspeed@xxxxxxxxxxx>, daryl <daryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, carrie <carrie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, gailsmail000 <gailsmail000@xxxxxxxxx>, "phil.hochstetler" <phil.hochstetler@xxxxxxxxx>, mahvha <mahvha@xxxxxxxxx>, sunshine2199 <sunshine2199@xxxxxxxxx>, capatter <capatter@xxxxxxxxx>, rvoran <rvoran@xxxxxxx>, jsw69intadv <jsw69intadv@xxxxxxxxxxx>, rebeccarmt <rebeccarmt@xxxxxxxxx>, earthandwatermassage <earthandwatermassage@xxxxxxxxx>, ldiener789 <ldiener789@xxxxxxxxxx>, ddiener <ddiener@xxxxxxxxxx>, bkmandlem <bkmandlem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, nclifehealth <nclifehealth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "sanchez.rafael" <sanchez.rafael@xxxxxxxxx>, rossgr <rossgr@xxxxxxxxxx>, rchoch <rchoch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, sahhrh <sahhrh@xxxxxxxxx>, snmartin <snmartin@xxxxxxxxx>, drohrer123 <drohrer123@xxxxxxxxx>, janemarawar <janemarawar@xxxxxxxxx>, millerms <millerms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, chulce <chulce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, peanut_shows <peanut_shows@xxxxxxxxx>, jamielwelch <jamielwelch@xxxxxxxxx>, linda <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ceilmach3 <ceilmach3@xxxxxxxxx>, "rick.mach" <rick.mach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, libharris <libharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ctwo <ctwo@xxxxxxxxxx>, "corine.ross" <corine.ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, shawst <shawst@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, kaboos <kaboos@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 21:46:27 -0500

Hello everyone!

We have the fantastic news that Steve has been released from the hospital
and is home and resting comfortably.  We got home around 1:30 pm today,
Sunday.  The Town-n-Country wagon does the trick for good seating for Steve
to get in/out of the car.  The veggie cars will have to wait for Steve to be
stronger and in less pain.  (Really, he doesn't feel the pain because pain
meds prevent that!)

I modified our couch so that it is quite a bit higher.  JC Penney's was
having a big sale so I got extra bed pillows for a small price.  It seems to
be working out so far.  We'll see how tonight's sleep goes.

His appetite is better now that he doesn't have to eat hospital food any
more.  Since we could come home early in the day, he avoided having lunch
sent up from the kitchen.  The only hitch he has experienced is a bad case
of hiccups.  That has subsided by now. (Thankfully!!)  Steve went for a
short walk outside this evening.  The neighbors were happy to see that he
was home.

We will see the surgeon in about three weeks and then the cardiologist after
that.  I probably won't send out another one of the 'update' e-mails until
we see those doctors.   At this point, no news will be good news to y'all.
I'll be back in touch in a few weeks.

If you want to stop by for a visit, please call my cell phone before you
come.  512-461-2936  That will disrupt Steve less than calling the home
phone (in case he is resting).

We really can't describe how thankful we are for your prayers and support.
It's been wonderful to have y'all on our 'team'.

With Christ's Love,

Pat H.
512.461.2936 (c)