[amc] Saturday volunteers appreciated

  • From: Trinity Child Development Center <trinitycdc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mennonite church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, larry abraham <l.abraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Greg Neunaber <greg.neunaber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 19:43:19 -0600

Dear friends,

Our physical labor is not over yet!  This Saturday, November 13th, the Boy
Scouts will be putting in the rest of the playscape.  They plan to be here from
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.  Last time, we started to run out of steam and helpers in the
afternoon so we are really looking for helpers in the afternoon but would take
people anytime.  (Free lunch around noon)

The work includes using socket wrenches (extra tools welcome) to screw in
bolts, digging 12 inch deep holes (in a.m.), planting 5 plants, screwing in the
outside water faucet more securely, and maybe moving some mulch.

Let me know if you think you might have an hour or two to drop by.

Sometime we are also in the market for someone(s) to build us some little
wooden picnic tables sized for children as our plastic ones just don't last.
We were thinking we could perhaps use some of the ark redwood scraps for 2-3
tables.  So if you have an interest in designing little tables, inventorying
our wood, and/or building such, please let me know.  There is no hurry on this
-- just would like to know if there's any interest/skills, etc.   Perhaps our
Canada winter volunteers could build if someone would design and inventory.

Thanks for all of your support through the facility upgrades.  I thought
perhaps this would be the last weekend but realistically, we will probably have
to put in one more layer of railroad ties, dig out a little more grassy area
for the fall zones by the new slides, and put in mulch at a later date (not
part of the boy scout project) But we're almost there!  (This was a free
$30,000 playscape so I'm not complaining)  Thanks again!

Gloria Neunaber

Director

Trinity Child Development Center

512-928-2212
Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble
challenge with star power.