[amc] Relief Kits for Iraq

  • From: "Jack Knox" <jknox2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 20:18:08 -0600

Below is the message sent out from MCC requesting relief kits.

We would like to take an offering for the next two Sundays for relief kits.
Then, we will buy the items below and assemble the kits on the following Sunday
after church.  (Some of you may remember this same procedure when we sent MCC
relief kits in the past).  If anyone really wants to bring a specific item or
to bring all the items for one relief kit rather than a donation, please feel
free to do so.  We should be able to send 20 to 30 relief kits.

Thanks in advance for your donations of goods and money.

Linda Knox

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Relief kits are urgently needed for Iraq, regardless of whether war breaks
out. Before Christmas Mennonite Central Committee received and shipped 8,000
of the
16,000 kits requested. Please join MCC's part in an ecumenical response,
"All Our Children," and help us collect the remaining 8,000 kits. Deliver
kits to your nearest MCC collection point before the first of April. Kit
items include the following:
     4    bars bath soap
     1    plastic bottle of shampoo (13-24 oz.) in plastic bag
     10  cups powdered laundry detergent, (double bag in 1 gal. re-sealable
bags)
     1    squeeze tube toothpaste, (6 or more oz.)
     4    adult-size toothbrushes, (leave in packaging)
     4    NEW bath towels, (medium, NOT white)
     1    each: hairbrush, wide-tooth comb, fingernail clipper
     1    box adhesive bandages, (40 or more, assorted sizes)
     1    package of sanitary pads, (18-24 thin maxi or ultra thin)

Cash contributions marked "Iraq Families at Risk" also are welcomed. Please
pray for compassion and peace to prevail. MCC Central States: 316-283-2720;
www.mcc.org.