[amc] Old-fashioned caroling after the Christmas eve service

  • From: Ron Diener <rondiener@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 20:21:33 -0800 (PST)

By request of a number of church folks, we are organizing caroling for some
neighborhood shut-ins immediately after the Christmas eve service on Friday the
24th. This is very informal. Enough folks are already enthusiatically committed
to make it work, so no one should feel obligated to give up family plans, etc.
Rather, this is an invitation to the fun of old-fashioned caroling. All ages,
and all levels of musical ability are welcome. I will be resonsible for leading
the carols. The logistics, I believe, are being arranged by by Steve & Janice
Friesen, Ann Palmer, and others---more info will be shared on Sunday. There may
still be opportunities to expand the list of carolees if you know of someone in
the neighborhood. However, we will try to limit the time to about one hour.
Here's some favorite carols we will likely sing (no more than 2 verses of
each), so you can bone up on the words if you need to--it will be too dark to
have copies of the music:
Silent Night
Joy to the World
Away in a Manger
O little Town of Bethlehem
Hark, the herald Angels Sing
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
and others by request

So bundle up, tune up, and feel the joy!

Ron