[amc] Needed - summer housing

  • From: Janice Friesen <janicef@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mennonite church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:05:09 -0500

A few months ago we had some house guests who were dropping off their
daughter to college at St. Eds. They were very interesting people and I
just heard that their daughter is looking for housing over the summer. I
said I would be glad to share this need with the congregation.

Emma Aberle-Grasse, age 19, rising junior at St. Edwards University, is
looking for a live-in summer job as a nanny or caretaker part-time. She has
a great 20 hour/week job at student life at St. Ed's and will be taking 1
or 2 online classes. But she would need to find very affordable  housing. She
does not have a car, so it would need to be on a busline or near intown
Austin. She would be available to work 10-20 hours week, which could be in
exchange for housing and a small stipend.

Let me know if you are interested or know of someone else who is and I can
share the contact info with you.

Janice

Janice Friesen
(512)560-2609
http://jfriesen.net
http://im-notageek.com (business)
http://malahinitx.blogspot.com (blog)
Austin, TX

"No one can own a tree, It can belong to you or you can belong to it. We
come from the land, give our love and labor to her and she nurtures us in
return. When we die we return to the land. In a way she owns us. Palestine
owns us and we belong to her."  from Mornings in Jenin by Susan Abulhawa.