[amc] May 6 at AMC

  • From: Austin Mennonite <austinmennonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 13:12:29 -0500

*Austin Mennonite Church - the gathering of May 6, 2012:*

Thunderstorms in the wee morning hours made it a damp morning.

*Visitors*

   - Beena Abraham, Boston (married to Jacob's brother)
   - Morgan and Nick Schaeffer (Linda Snow's daughter and son-in-law)

*Sharing Joys and Concerns*

   - George O. - feeling better.
   - Jon P. - has a new job :-) moving to Seattle area :-(
   - Dama T. - answer to prayer for a friend; sister in Belize is very sick.
   - Peggy C. - visiting friend in Colorado who is dying.
   - Paul S. - knew person involved with a murder/suicide.
   - Angie B. - suicide of a young person she had been working with.
    Concerned about depression among young people.
   - Lee - Returned to Austin late last night. Mother (86) is near death.
    (Update: My mother died last night, May 7 about 8pm.  Terri and I will
   travel to the Chicago area for funeral services this coming Saturday, May
   12.  Thanks for your prayers and concern.)

Thank you to Linda Snow for bringing the morning message and gathering us
into the story of God's love.

Potluck - Yum!

--
Lee Lever, Pastor