[amc] Just war followup

  • From: Steve Friesen <Friesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:57:08 -0500

This morning's discussion reminded me of interviews I recorded in the first
year of the Iraq war.  The 55-minute podcast includes three interviews: one
with a religious pacifist, one with a just war proponent who thought the
Iraq war was unjust, and a pastor who thought the war qualified as just.

http://religionmatters.missouri.edu/mp3s/IraqWar04.mp3

Steve

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve Friesen
Louise Farmer Boyer Chair in Biblical Studies
Dept. of Classics, 1 Univ. Sta. C3400
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712

W: (512) 471-8629
F: (512) 471-4111
H: (512) 482-0822

https://webspace.utexas.edu/~sjf365/

Year 5, the past year, has been one of troop escalation, or the ³surge.²
(Calling the policy a ³surge² rather than an ³escalation² is emblematic of
the administration¹s propaganda.) The big lie is that Iraq is now calm, that
the surge has worked, and that victory is within reach.

       -- Juan Cole
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/03/20/7791/