[amc] Invitation to Picnic and solar eclipse

  • From: Trinity Child Development Center <trinitycdc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mennonite church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 17:59:10 -0500

 Need more things for your calendar?

1.  CDC's Annual Spring Picnic
     Friday, May 18th
     6 - 8 p.m.
     Sanctuary and Courtyard

            We will be celebrating our successes for this past school year from
6:15 - 6:45 p.m. in the sanctuary and then go outside for a potluck picnic by
7.  Festivities will be over by 8 p.m.

2.   There's a partial solar eclipse on Sunday, May 20.  Austin is not the most
interesting place to see it from, but the sun will
 be partly eclipsed from about 7:35 pm until sunset 45 minutes later.

Our super volunteer, Mr. Derek (AKA known as Dr. Wills, UT Astronomy Professor)
will be here at our facility between the church building and the library.
Anyone who wants to join him is invited to stop by between 7  and  8 p.m.  and
talk with him and safely view the eclipse through his special tools.

He also could talk to us about images of the sun on the ground under the trees.
 Mr. Derek is great at explaining things to kids but adults can learn a lot as
well.

Feel free to stop by.  (If it's real cloudy, this won't work)

Gloria Neunaber

Director
Emeritus
Trinity Child Development Center

5801 Westminster Drive
Austin, TX  78723
512-928-2212

                                   I GoodSearch & GoodShop for Trinity Child
Development Center

Raise money for us just by searching the Internet
                with GoodSearch.com (powered by Yahoo), or shopping online with
GoodShop.com