[amc] Feeding the choir.

  • From: rdkoehn <rdkoehn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:53:22 -0600

We are banking on the success we had in feeding 100+ vistors/members
from the Wichita Kansas Lorraine Avenue Mennonite Church some years
ago.  We used this receipe for that dinner.

Huntington Chicken

1 chicken [or it equivalent] *
2 cups shell macaroni [2 cups uncooked]
1/2 pound cheese, cubed.
2 cups broth
4 level tablespoons flour
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter.

Stew chicken and season to taste.  Remove from bones and cut into cubes.

Cook macaroni in salt water, drain.
Thicken broth with flour
Mix chicken,macaroni, cheese and broth.  Place mixture in 9x13 baking
dish.
Brown bread crumbs in butter and spread across top of mixture.

*  You may use left over turkey or chicken  from the holidays is you so
choose. [3-4 cups]
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

I am thinking we can serve 8 persons/receipe.  So we will need about 6-7
casseroles.

We will serve this with salad and dinner rolls.

What we are seeking is volunteers to make the chicken casseroles.

We also will ask for volunteers to prepare deserts.  [pan
cakes/brownies]

We will have a sign-up sheet at Church next Sunday--March 2.  So think
about it and let us know then how you can help.

-Bob Koehn