[amc] Bob Koehn's sister has died

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:35:17 -0500

I write to let you know that Mabel, Bob's oldest sister, died on Monday, Sep
19, following health related complications.  She was 91 and chose to decline
medical procedures that would have extended here life for a brief period.
She was calm and comfortable in the presence of her family.  I assured Bob
that we shared the sorrow of this deep loss for him and thanked him for the
support he gave to his sister in honoring her wishes.  The funeral will be
tomorrow in McPherson KS, 1030am in the First Mennonite Church.  I have
arranged for a spray of flowers to be delivered for the viewing this evening
then on to the church tomorrow to express to Bob and his family our love and
sympathy.  Bob can be reached at 620-241-0123 until he returns to Austin
next Tues evening.  I will meet him at the airport and drive him to his
house then.