[amc] Re: Austin Mennonites "Tie" one on...

  • From: Nevitt Reesor <nreesor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 19:54:44 -0700

I'm actually not trying to start a war, I'm just trying to annoy Paul, which is
extraordinarily hard to do.

Nevitt

> cell <

On Dec 30, 2012, at 6:14 PM, Ray Gingerich <rjgingerich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

De ja vu!

Are the two of you aware of the dress-code wars in the Mennonite Church (aka
"Old Mennonite") in the first half of the twentieth century? Whether ties were
should be worn was a BIG issue. The two of you could probably get some coaching
from Ron and/or Craig and put on a 3 act play on the tie or no-tie drama. Or it
could be written as a comedy. In real life, I experienced the dress wars more
as a tragedy and from hindsight as a farce.

Ray

--
Center for Strength-Based Strategies
Ray Gingerich, Senior Associate

"Everything can be taken from a person but one thing: the last of human
freedoms--the freedom to choose one's attitude in any given set of
circumstances, to choose one's own way." --Victor Frankl