[amc] AAIM: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR KATRINA RELIEF

  • From: "Ray Gingerich" <RGingerich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 20:31:11 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: AAIM
To: AAIM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 5:45 PM
Subject: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR KATRINA RELIEF

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR KATRINA RELIEF

United Way is helping the City of Austin and the Red Cross with the opening of
a 2nd center to help with the Katrina relief effort here in Austin. We are
hoping to find some corporate partners and volunteers to help staff this
center. The request would be to have folks work a 5 or 6 hour shift for 5
consecutive days. The shifts would be 8-1 or 12-6 and would begin this
Saturday.  At this point, we believe that this center would only need to be
open for 10 days. The volunteer work is to be a caseworker for newly arriving
evacuees, completing intake and helping them register for benefits.

Please refer to the Web site for more information:
http://www.volunteersolutions.org/austin/volunteer/spotlight/one.tcl?item_id=8367174

To apply for this volunteer opportunity, please email Shelley Seale with United
Way Capital Area, at shelley.seale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
Michelle.Huck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you very much,

David W. Balch
President and Chief Professional Officer
United Way Capital Area
www.unitedwaycapitalarea.org