[amayausers.com] Re: weird thread break

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 05:58:32 UT

This message was posted by jason wright on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/603.html#000006

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I'm running auto acti-feed, sewing on just a
regular polo shirt with a heavier tear away backing.  I haven't tried
margaret's suggestion about the lubricating the roller, but I'll look into
that.  Signman,  I only had 1 roll of white thread, but I have another one on
the way and as soon as i receive it, you can bet I'll be trying it to see if it
remedies the problem.  I did try two separate times to pull off 20 feet or so
of thread to see if it would get better, per Gerald Rudischulli's suggestion-
rep in N.C.  , but that hasn't seemed to help.  It honestly seems like the
thread is thicker and more stiff than the other poly arc thread and when it
begins to sew the first few stitches it acts like it is struggling to get
through the eye of the needle or something of that nature, because the thread
is not advancing through the take-up lever very good.  Then when it begins to
sew fast it doesn't seem to want to catch up and take up the loose threa
 d causing the thread to rattle and bounce and jump around until it just
pops/breaks...  I'll keep trying your suggestions until we get it solved.