[amayausers.com] Re: water soluble toppings

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 03:40:29 UT

This message was posted by Mama Kass on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/4/804.html

I currently use Solvy as a tear-away topping when I embroider on velvet.  Tiny
areas can be cleaned up with a lot of steam or a wet cotton swab, but I'm
interested to know if anyone has other suggestions or techniques that work for
them.  Sometimes I digitize a heavy underlay instead, but this tends to make
"bullet-proof" designs and takes longer to sew out.

I am also considering switching to American Embroidery Supply's RinseAway.  Has
anyone tried this product?

Thanks for any help you can give; you guys are a goldmine of information.