[amayausers] Re: using metallic thread

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 05:49:46 -0500

I set my density at 4.5 but I use Isamet metallic thread. I'm not sure how
thick Medeira's thread is so you may have to play with the density settings.
Like someone else said, lower the speed of the machine. I run mine at around
550spm and have very few thread breaks. I have tried to run it at 800spm and
get nothing but thread fraying and breaks.

Steve

From: "Edna Khalifeh" <ednakhalifeh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] using metallic thread
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:07:25 -0600

Hi everyone, Hope you all have had a restful weekend! I'm about to use
metallic thread (Madeira) for the first time on the Amaya. I used to use it
without any problems on the Toyota 860 I had, but have been reluctant to use
it on this machine. I have to embroider some Christmas stockings and was
wondering if any of you had any suggestions/tips before I get started. I
really appreciate any help. Needle type/size, material setting, any changes
in the OS?

Edna Khalifeh