[amayausers] true type fonts & machine error

  • From: <suried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:25:27 -0800 (PST)

Yes its me once again tonight.  Guess I'm on a roll.

I am doing lettering using a true type font and
applied an outline to it.  It stitched out not too bad
but I wanted to add compensation to the outline so I
changed it to wire frame.  Highlighted the single line
center and increased pull comp.  It stitched out fine
but I forgot to add tie ins and offs.  After I enabled
the tie in/tie off it loaded strange into the OS.  It
showed up like a thumbnail in top right corner or OS
screen.  It would not do a fit to screen.  Put hoop on
and tried doing trace and it said out of limits and
traced this huge path that definitely wasn't my
lettering area.  Then I couldn't do anything with the
machine.  When I tried centering my hoop, it told me
it wasn't at head up--it was!  Don't ask me how long
it took me to determine that it was the tie in/tie off
enabling that caused this to happen-I went through
numerous checks to see what caused this version of the
design not to work when the previous one did.

Does anyone know what is going on here?

I don't think that ties are put into the true type
fonts when I bring them into design shop.  What am I
doing wrong?  How can I make sure the tie stitches are
in my lettering?

Thanks,
Susan

Susan Riedlinger